Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Spiral Perms

So with the spiral perm its the same concept except the base sectioning is different. you do four big sections from the top of the ear over the head to the other top of the ear and then straight down the middle of the scalp. Then make a small section ( measure off the diameter of the rod you are using) straight across the bottom of the nape. and start from right to left. pull hair out and roll it straight up in a spiral motion. Move through the sections all the way to the ear and then move from the left hairline all the way across to the right side of the head. When you get to the top make sure you roll the hair in the way that the client would normally wear their part. Also some teachers recommend you alternate your spiral from left to right every other rod to give it a different texture or look. Here is once that i rolled on a manikin and friend. and let me just say.... it is soo much easier on a real person.
   
Below is the outcome of the manikin. I actually used solution to perm my girlfriend which unfortunately did nothing at all. I think it was  due to the thickness of her hair, i could have used two bottles to fully saturate the hair as well as the fact the she had recently done bleach highlights that may have prevented the solution from working properly.
We can chalk that up to the section of the book " Basic Building Block of Hair" That i didn't read that probably could have prepared me better and helped me understand prior to wasting my time....

that bleached hair is damaged and porous and will not hold a perm. Especially if it was over processed as hers was. But luckily she was a sport about it. Anyway, My manikin head turned out beautifully i think.

6 comments:

  1. Great blog post! I have been trying to learn as much as I can on my own before I start looking for beauty colleges to apply to. I really love reading your blog to learn new things! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good blog post. Nice to find the post related to my searching criteria.
    esthetician schools in orlando

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering why on earth I couldn't perm my sister's hair. She bleaches her hair more than anyone I know. Might be a good thing that it didn't work, though, because I didn't alternate the spiral. That might have looked odd. Thanks for sharing. I'll do it right next time!

    Madeline Gibson | http://www.capilo.com/html/cosmetology.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you like doing perms? How long did it take you to learn to do them in school?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you like doing perms? How long did it take you to learn to do them in school?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you like doing perms? How long did it take you to learn to do them in school?

    ReplyDelete